Shirt Stay Plus ® Memorial Band Key Features:
Durable elastic material that fits tightly around your agency’s badge.
When a memorial band is worn:
- Upon the line of duty death of an active law enforcement officer (LEO) in your department. The mourning band should be worn for a period of thirty days from the date of death.
- By all LEO in uniform or in civilian clothing while displaying a badge when attending the funeral of an active LEO. Upon the completion of the funeral, the mourning band shall be removed.
- Upon the line of duty death of a LEO from a neighboring jurisdiction. The mourning band will be worn from the date of death and removed at the conclusion of the day of burial.
- National Peace Officers Memorial Day (May 15th).
- The day of any memorial service your agency has honoring your department’s LEO’s who have died in the line of duty.
- At the direction of your sheriff, agency director or chief of police, when special circumstances dictate that a department display of official mourning is appropriate.